Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-29-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
BrunetteModels
Human being with feelings

Default [Deleted post]

[Deleted post]

Last edited by BrunetteModels; 02-02-2019 at 10:20 AM. Reason: [Deleted post]
BrunetteModels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Xenakios

I think I could add a command to Reaper to launch that program, so no need for that dirty looking macro...
Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
nicholas
Scribe

Thanks BrunetteModels and thanks Xenakios.

I think I'd like to include something about this in the next copy of the User Guide. It would be good if you can kep me informed of developments ...
nicholas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Lawrence

Excellent. I will certainly take a hard look.

Thanks to whomever is responsible.

P.S. I'll keep my subjective first impressions to myself and hope some users can find what they need here.

Last edited by Lawrence; 04-29-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:41 AM   #5
Alex Stone

Many thanks for this, BM. I can see it being highly useful, and importantly, with the means to modify the script, it also allows me to adjust patch names to custom built soundfonts, yes? (I am assuming this will work with standalone software progammes and sound generators routed into Reaper as well.)

In Linuxsampler, we have midi maps, an important way of handling a lot of patches at once, and having access to them all. If the script is able to be modified to match those patches, then you've just saved me a lot of manual work.

Thanks!

Alex.

p.s. Xenakios, a one command addition would be appreciated.

Last edited by Alex Stone; 04-30-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Alex Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:39 AM   #6
Alex Stone

BM, i'm fortunate enough to be using Reaper in Wine in Linux. So with the Jack audio and midi server i have plenty of midi ports.

Alex.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:26 AM   #7
henge

Thanks + 100
Old 04-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #8
NWFungi

Thanks! I use this to control my old GR-1 Roland guitar synth. I edited the patch names to match the gr-1 and all is well. I only use it as a control program to change the patches on the gr-1 and then I just record the audio from the gr. Made it much easier than popping up the .pdf of the patches I put in reapers folder (could pull it up with the help menu that way) and manually setting it.

Thanks!

If anyone has a Roland GR-1, I could save ya some typing and send ya the edited config file.
NWFungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:39 AM   #9
Xenakios

Ok, I updated my Reaper extension commands DLL to include "Launch External Tool : Midi Mixer". The BETA-status is of course valid for this addition, too. But this should not be anything so complex that much can go wrong. Please follow BrunetteModels' instructions where to put the Midi Mixer program, the path to the .exe is now hard-coded in my extension command, and will it will of course fail if it can't find the Midi Mixer .exe where expected.

Download at :

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/1195/reaper...s_commands.dll

Oh, and the reason for this? To be able to avoid using that kind of ugly looking Reaper macro to launch the Midi Mixer program.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 AM   #10
sceyefeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
Ok, I updated my Reaper extension commands DLL to include "Launch External Tool : Midi Mixer". The BETA-status is of course valid for this addition, too. But this should not be anything so complex that much can go wrong. Please follow BrunetteModels' instructions where to put the Midi Mixer program, the path to the .exe is now hard-coded in my extension command, and will it will of course fail if it can't find the Midi Mixer .exe where expected.
hmmnnn then perhaps I got the wrong one? There are two versions of the dll on the site, I have downloaded the latest which shows a path for external tools which I mapped to where BrunetteModels indicated.

Works fine

Quote:
Download at :

Oh, and the reason for this? To be able to avoid using that kind of ugly looking Reaper macro to launch the Midi Mixer program.
Just to clarify then Xenakios, which version of your dll do we need to download, as I indicated got the later, bigger dll and it works fine with a manual mapping

HEAPS of praise and thanks for this work to all involved
sceyefeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #11
aMUSEd

Pity it's in Polish - I would love one of these for editing my Yamaha VL70m - the existing editor apps are old and don't work too well.
aMUSEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:17 AM   #12
Kingston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
Ok, I updated my Reaper extension commands DLL to include "Launch External Tool : Midi Mixer".
Download at :

Theres no link there anymore,where can i download this,please??,

https://stash.reaper.fm/index.php
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #13
Kingston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunetteModels View Post
It looks like a driver problem. Maybe this USB interface is not possible to use as multi-port (one MIDI output from Reaper and one output from Mixer together, both in one time)?

BTW, did you choose the MIDI OUT Port?
First,thank you very much for taking the time to develop this,and..its very needed indeed,..

About..I dont know,i do work with multi-ports,within this drivers and no problems

Yes,the OUTputs,yes i did,..the green light is on,..

I´ve open a new post in the REAPER Feature Requests called "The SMALL MIDI MIXER POST",..Can you take a lok there,pleae?

Thank so much,believe me,this is really needed for my workflow,,.

Last edited by Kingston; 07-22-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #14
Rael

Default Midi Mixer Problem...

Hi All,

Not posted on here before, so I hope this post ends up in the right place....!!!

I just downloaded the midi-mixer, and the dll file from the download site. I managed to get the midi-mixer working in Reaper, no problem....BUT....Whatever midi out device I select, I can't get any sound. The left small led lights up in my sys tray when I press the keys on my external midi keyboard..but no sound...I'm using Audigy soundcard for my soundfonts, and they work fine in my old version of Cubasis...but not with Reaper for some reason....I think maybe it has something to do with the midi-thru which cubasis has...does Reason have this switch...I also use a m-audio delta on my pc for ins and outs...I've just upgraded my pc, and it is very stable...just can't puzzle this one out.....?

Great seuqencer by the way..I love it...!

Cheers
Rael
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:14 AM   #15
midiman007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunetteModels View Post
MIDI Mixer for external hardware synthesizers with editable script:

EDIT:
You can download now 1.20 version (1 May 2008):

+ EXE file changed (name and version);

Plus from 1.10:
+ without an extra 128 value in pop-up list window (fixed to correctly 0 - 127 range; THX to W.G.);
+ a little changed background graphic of faders;
Wow totally blown away by this looks really great. May I ask for your assistance for my Ronald D-50. I am trying to control the partial balance in real time but seem to have hit a wall. I have been googling for 2 days and I can not figure it out. I did find this below but I can not implement it in reacontrol midi.

Your assistance would greatly be appreciated.
Kind regards

Lives for gear

My Studio

3 Reviews written
[Add Pro5 As Friend]
In short - no the stick itself doesn't respond to midi. However as you are basically reducing/increasing volume between partials/tones you could do that via midi manually (or set it up, rather complicated, to a midi control box using sysex)

Personally I'd just go for the D-50 (keyboard) as it's a lovely unit in itself (looks great, and is beautifully built and finished). The joystick isn't really that useful though to me for live sound manipulation (and you will get noises as it adjusts values - not smooth on fast moves), but very handy for programming (faster than up/down buttons). It's not really a vector function as you'd find on other synths either - it's a glorified tone/partial balance control. Oh and there's a nice pic of it in my avatar :P

I had started a D-50 BCR profile to control my D-50 via the BCR2000 (have it working and so far so good but realised it wasn't that much better than doing it manually or via software for some reason, while my SY77 does feel more fun using the BCR - that is in early days as it has a lot of parameters to map over multi BCR presets but is working).

For sysx from your midi controller use these (mapped to 3 2D knobs to simulate what the joystick does) obviously if you had some way of using a physical joystick that blends between values like the orginal stick does then set it up for that.

for U/L tone balance (HEX):

Code:

$f0 $41 $00 $14 $12 $00 $03 $21 val $39 $f7

For lower tone partial balance:

Code:

$f0 $41 $00 $14 $12 $00 $01 $2F val $2E $f7

For upper tone partial balance:

Code:

$f0 $41 $00 $14 $12 $00 $02 $6F val $54 $f7

val = your midi controllers adjustable range assigned to the nob (0-100 range)

with this on 3 knobs ( just tested it) it reproduces the same thing the stick does. Not that handy on 3 knobs vs one stick but it does work.

I also have set up a multi line command to a couple of knobs to simulate global cut off, global res, global PWM and global PWM DEPTH (Also have these on other per partial knobs) as you can get on the PG-1000 which can be handy - for those interested:

Code:

$f0 $41 $00 $14 $12 $00 $00 $0D val $30 $f7
$f0 $41 $00 $14 $12 $00 $02 $0D val $30 $f7
$f0 $41 $00 $14 $12 $00 $01 $4D val $30 $f7
$f0 $41 $00 $14 $12 $00 $00 $4D val $30 $f7

put all four lines in to ONE knob's function (using it's software editor in the case of the BCR) this gives global cof for all four partials at once (set to same VAL). If anyone wants more details for other parameters just ask as I've got them all working. I could just provide the BCR preset but it's not fully to my liking yet (all light times/button ranges and speed/resolutions)

P.S. Now is not possible use MIDI IN port to control buttons and sliders from external controller. It's not a problem of script but Extreme MIDI Mixer. It's still beta version.[/QUOTE]
midiman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #16
run_esc

Hi, I'm pretty sure the D-50 can't do real-time sysex control. I had one and remember trying to automate the filter cutoff -- doesn't work.
run_esc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:48 AM   #17
midiman007

Quote:
Originally Posted by run_esc View Post
Hi, I'm pretty sure the D-50 can't do real-time sysex control. I had one and remember trying to automate the filter cutoff -- doesn't work.
I think it can, the PG 1000 can control it live, but I am not 100 percent sure. I know there are a lot of people smarter than I am in here that I hope will answer the question for me.

Last edited by midiman007; 09-26-2016 at 04:27 PM.
midiman007 is offline   Reply With Quote