Old 07-26-2006, 05:59 AM   #1
winbe
Human being with feelings

Default Source loopable section properties, Reaper 1.0 soon...!

Hello,

I see that v1.0 is approaching, and I would be happy if somebody could explain me what exactly is this "Source loopable section properties"...

It is extremely cool that you can do this, but the only way I found is via the "Copy loop of selected area of items - Ctrl+Alt+L".

The documentation does not seem to mention this.

A bit like the "ripple" editing, I am still totally unable to understand what it changes to set it to on or off...
And while it seems to be an important feature, the documentation does not even mention the word...

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1757

Last edited by winbe; 07-26-2006 at 11:42 PM.
winbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:31 AM   #2
Art Evans
Mortal

Ripple editing - see http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthre...pple#post15152 for at least some details.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #3
Art Evans
Mortal

Quote:
yep, already read that (you already sent me the link) but I'll have to reread it very slowly, it is quite complicated for me, and I simply wanted to know what will change between the "on" or "off" mode... I'll try to experiment to understand it.

But concerning this "loopable" thing ?
In the "on" mode, if you delete something, Reaper moves everything from the right of the deletion to fill the gap. If you insert, it moves everything to the right to make space. If in the "off" mode, if you delete something, it leaves a hole. There's more to it than that, but you'll get the main point.

Loopable thing - too late at night to research that! - I'll leave it to others.... I need to sleep!
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #4
winbe
Human being with feelings

Default Loopable...

Ripple: ok, I played with it, understood ! Excellent !

But now for this "source loopable" thing, I understand how it works, but it is simply that I it is not mentionned anywhere.

Everywhere it says that by clicking on "source properties", you get a window with the source properties. But with this special copy/paste, you'll get an intermediate with "source loopable..." window...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Evans
In the "on" mode, if you delete something, Reaper moves everything from the right of the deletion to fill the gap. If you insert, it moves everything to the right to make space. If in the "off" mode, if you delete something, it leaves a hole. There's more to it than that, but you'll get the main point.

Loopable thing - too late at night to research that! - I'll leave it to others.... I need to sleep!
winbe is offline   Reply With Quote